Excellent itinerary

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

11 Night Western Mediterranean (Barcelona Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 02, 2017
Ship: Norwegian Spirit

If you have traveled on other cruise ships, my suggestion is minimize your expectations.  Let me explain:  The itinerary itself was absolutely amazing and I could not have asked for a better itinerary, even when we had to re-route and miss Marseille, the alternative was event better - Monte Carlo. As far as the ship itself, there was much to be left desired since it was quite old.  My cabin stunk like sewage on most port days.  Even though I complained, they assured me  that it was not the cabin but me being sensitive to smells.  I have been on at least 10 cruises and I know when a room stinks! If you are used to traveling on other ships with great entertainment, you will be sorely disappointed.  There were nights were I just had to walk out because it was not worth sitting through it.  Surprisingly, the food was better than expected, although there was one or two nights when I had to send the food back.

The food was good. We had an amazing waiter and we kept requesting him. He really made our trip extra special with the care he gave my mom who is very frail.

No comment, we did not participate in any on board activity

Left much to be desired. The only two nights i really enjoyed was the first night with the English lady and the Russian couple who did the acrobats.

no comment. We did not use this program

Dinning room staff - Narisco and John were exceptional.

The ship was clean but my room stunk most of the time so that was not pleasant.

The cabin stunk. I had the head steward come in but she frowned and said there was nothing wrong. Another person came, he smelled it and worked on repairing the problem. That helped for a day or two. After our 5th day, the smell came back. I stopped calling the front desk because they made me feel like I had the problem and not the room we were in. The closet door fell off the rail and hit my mom on the foot, we reported that. Over all, we avoided being in the cabin as much as possible.

For example: Hit the Windows restaurant right when they open at 5:30pm and you can get a seat right by the windows.

We went to Monte Carlo instead. Excellent
Ask the price before you eat! They can and will over charge you! Also, do NOT put anything in your back pocket, you can easily get pick pocketed. We were warned by our drivers and i did have someone try to pick pocket me in Naples while having a gellato.
Beautiful! The Blue Grotto is a must see.