Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

It was a great cruise

Sail Date: August 25, 2016

I think I enjoyed the staff.  I've never had such friendly staff.  Even the bands and one of the cruise director staff knew our names. I loved our room.  It was a balcony but at the back of the aft and it was about 1.4 size of a room.

To improve, I think the tour packages could use some updating.  Too much time spent in a bus in Croatia.  An hour's drive to Sorrento but we went straight to lunch and then straight to the hydro boat to go to Capri.  There was no seeing Sorrento.  It took 20 minutes to get in Coliseum and tour director then took 20 minutes to explain the coliseum and the gladiators.  That only left 20 minutes to see the coliseum.  $400 for a tour and we only had 20 minutes.  When I suggested that if they are giving us free time, to tell us before the talk so we could have had 40 minutes.  She was upset and said be glad you got 20 minutes, the other group is already on the bus.  There is more about her but really, if I'm paying that kind of money per person for the tour.  I expect more than 20 minutes.  She could have done the explanation on the bus.  I did not come to Rome and pay for this expensive tour to hear her talk and take away my time there.

Also, Norwegian no longer allows for liquids to come aboard for "safety" reasons.  Ok.  I get that.  But, I don't think that is true.  6 larger bottles of water was $23.  Come on, they no longer allow it so they can charge you incredible prices.  Other cruise ships still allow liquids.

But all in all, we were happy with our cruise.

This was a great room. 1.4 the size of a regular balcony room with two balconies.
Loved the crew: The Hotwire Bank, Music Makers, Cruise Director Staff Fabie and Matthew, and steward, Darwin. But Cheryl in the Shore Excursions was our favorite
I like the casual dining and the eat any where any time concept
Venice, Italy
Dubrovnik, Croatia
Do not take the Riviera tour. Too much time on the bus and not much seeing anything.
Kotor, Montenegro
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Mykonos, Greece
Naples, Italy
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Toulon, France
Barcelona, Spain
We went straight to airport land didn't see Barcelona.