Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Sail Date: August 14, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

the scenery was the best part, and I cannot say enough about the wonderful staff. One thing that would have really been nice was more information about the area we were passing through.  The captains log on TV was helpful but the map very poor.  A big map for folks to look at in the lobby would have been wonderful. The "captains log" report on the TV stopped a day before the end of the cruise.

If announcements were made about things like "now we are passing - - - Island."

One time we passed by an immense pod of whales. At least a couple hundred.  Although in the distance one could still see spouts, tails and occasional breaching without binoculars for at least 20 minutes.   That spectacular show should have been announced on the intercom.  Not everyone is on the ship to party, It was the scenery and opportunity to see different things that entered into my decision to take a cruise.

Comfortable, and very sound proof.
Well done.
well done
$69 for a 15 minute bus ride? Ridiculous prices.
Please don't play the same CD over and over and over and over. The barbeque on the last day played the same German CD over and over again.
I do not have a child, but the children looked like they were having a great time with their activities. Well organized and well done.
I skipped most of the entertainment. The comedian does not know how to do comedy appropriate with children in the room. I heard the jugglers were very good, and entertaining. Most of the musicians were good.
Wonderful staff. Joel was my room keeper. He obviously believes any job is worth doing his best but I think he should move up in rank. His interaction and communication reveals his skills to do far more.
Lots of choices but I would describe some of the food as bad. fish in general did not have bones properly removed, if any attempt was made at all. And I found chips of bones in other meats as well. Many shortcuts were taken. And Atlantic salmon on a Alaskan cruise? Fruits and vegetables were great. But making a green salad with hardly cutting up the lettuce was a bad shortcut. A full lettuce leaf just cut in half?

Many food options, and no reason for anyone on any kind of diet to go hungry.