Great Overall, but Customer Service Was NOT up to par. Think cuz only 3 Weeks Left in the Season.

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Helpful Vote: 1

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: September 06, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Pearl

Like I said above, the trip itself we give a 4.  Alaska is so beautiful.  They food was great (when you finally got it).  Buffets were awesome. The excursions were super fun.  Nice People.  Where it was really lacking compared to all the other cruises I've been on was with the restaurant staff, bartenders casino dealers and retail staff too.  The food servers were so... slow and honestly just unfriendly.

My thinking is that it was likely because they were just done with the Alaska cruise season. We went the 3rd to the last week of the season.  They hardly smiled.  UNBELIEVABLY slow service and they just seemed like us being there was an annoyance.  I don't mean all of them, that would not be fair, but like 70% of them clearly did not want to be there.  Same with the retailers in the towns in Alaska.  They seemed annoyed we were there too.  Strange.

The guy that cleaned our room was awesome.  The girls that sprayed our hands clean all over the ship were fun.  The spa staff was just fantastic.

So my advice.. don't go in September or October if you care about that stuff.  My guess is I would have given 5 stars any other month.

Happy Cruising.

Loved it.

Lotus Garden, Cagneys and Indigo were my favorites. OSheehans was good too.