Relaxing vacation

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Cruise Director

7 Night Alaska Glacier Bay (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 02, 2015

This is my first time on this line.  There is a differences between the other cruise lines.  One thing I like about cruising is about meeting new people, and I like it where on the other lines you get seated with other cruisers for meals in the dining room in less you specifically request to sit by yourself.   On every meal you where seated just with the party you came in with.  I like the option that you are relaxed about what you wear, no matter the restaurant you choose.  I did find service was quite slow no matter the restaurant.  Also felt the entertainment was low quality.  Our room was the smallest I have ever stayed in.  The positive is I loved the breakfast selection in the buffet, so many options, better than the other lines offer.  The cruise was very relaxing and we loved Alaska.  I think the excursions are very expensive for what they are.  This is my 19th cruise and if you do your research you can visit these ports at a minimum.

The food was okay but quite slow getting food, no matter the restaurant. Except for O"Shanna they where usually quite prompt.

n/a I didn't much activities

The comedian was funny but I only went to 3 shows during this cruise but I thought only fair

Felt mediocre service from our cabin steward. Late on cleaning room in the afternoon and about 9 pm at night .

To small and cabin service late on cleaning up on a daily basis. Normally I tip extra I didn't on this cruise. Nice guy and friendly but I just he did his job. Usually I miss them when we leave and want to take the cabin steward with us :) I wasn't impressed this cruise

The strawberry short cake in O'Shannon is the best dessert on the whole trip. Our favorite restaurants where O'Shannon and IN.

Too short of a time, should have it a longer port