Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Cruise skeptic

Sail Date: July 04, 2015

The cruise to Alaska was my first cruise and I was a skeptic.  Took my daughter as a graduation gift from high school.  Both of us were totally satisfied with the cruise.  We had the specialty dining upgrade and enjoyed dressing up for dinner where the service and food were always better than expected.  Cagney's steakhouse was our favorite.  Loaded up my Kindle with book to read and never opened it as our days were filled with wonderful activities including excursions to the Totems in Katchikan, the Mendenhall glacier in Juneau, the White Pass and Yukon train  out of Skagway, and Eckart Gardens in Victoria.  After a quick afternoon nap, we would go to the evening show, eat dinner and then listen to our favorite guitar singer Randon before retiring to the most comfortable beds we have slept on waking to the gentle dawns and spectacular Alaskan scenery as we left our balcony curtains open.  I was so impressed with our cruise that I booked to future cruises - Around Hawaii and to the Baltic.

There is nothing nicer than to be in a starboard east facing balcony stateroom and let the Alaskan dawn gently awaken you. Even though the Garden cafe buffets were exceptional, it tended to be crowded but sit down breakfast and lunch were always available and not crowded at Tsar's