A litte pricey but a good experience

Norwegian Jewel Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: June 07, 2014
Ship: Norwegian Jewel

Just got back from Alaska and saw some great wildlife and amazing views.  The ship itself was clean and the food was pretty good though not amazing.  I thought the cruise was a bit pricier than others, including the price of things on the ship itself.  The cost is not what it appears when you are first booking as you have to add the taxes to the initial price and then the gratuities while on the ship; for my Mom and I that was $12 day for each of us which adds up quickly.  The service was really good, especially in our cabin , and the very funny and friendy cruise director made sure there was always some type of entertainment of the ship. There were times when the ship did seem a bit crowded, especially in the cafe, because the weather was not warm enough for people to lounge outside.  Some people did not like the freestyle cruising but I loved being able to eat meals whenever I wanted ad not being forced to eat and the same table with the same people every night. Overall I'm glad for the Alaskan experience but would have liked a little better value.

Actually slightly above ok but slighly below great.

Some of the entertainment was great but others were just good.

Did not use

Actually slightly above ok but slighly below great.

There was some minor wear and tear and we had to ask for a remote but the woman in charge of cleaning the room was amazing. I was glad not to have a port hole as the sun rose very early and set very late and I think it would have messed with my sleeping.

Utilize the Azure and Tzar's Palace dining rooms for lunch as they are less crowded than the garden café.

Whale watching was great but I wish we would have had more time in the city.
So cool!
This was a surprise one for me. Really good town with a rich history and a cool waterfall.
The excursions really didn't do anything for me and the town wasn't that great to walk around either.