Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Norwegian Cruise 28 Nov-5 Dec

Sail Date: November 28, 2015

Overall, the cruise was pleasant.  Staff were very attentive and for the most part, the ship was spotless.  Still, the overall experience was less than perfect for sure.  I understand that Norwegian is dropping the Houston cruise in April 2016 and I'm guessing it's for the reasons I found things lacking and less than satisfying.  The port parking was ok and fairly easy to get done but the boarding process was horrible!  Long lines wrapping back and forth between make shift aisles with too few staff to get guests processed.  Then when ok'd to board the ship, the directions to go to the ship were lacking and I was constantly having to ask those few staff available, where we were to head.  While not quite as bad, the disembarking had it's difficulties as well.  Apparently, if you have a porter handling your baggage, you have a separate line for customs.  Well, that was very much not apparent at all and I got in the wrong line and wound up wasting valuable time as I was told to get in the much longer line for those carrying their own baggage.  Overall, very poor directions and management of the embarking and disembarking process.  Once on the ship, things were much better except for a couple of areas.  First, I noticed that the linens on the bed smelled like my old grandmother's attic--musty as if the bed had been made for months w/o changing.  Our staff member handling the room was great and I noted that after linens were changed, the smell still existed.  Linens were clean, just smelled "old".  Also, having to be shuttled/tendering  to and from the ports of Belize and Roatan was cumbersome.  While the effort was efficient for the most part and staff were attentive and gracious, being able to disembark directly to a pier is highly preferable as it was in Cozumel.  What is unfortunate,  I live in San Antonio and using Houston as a cruise port is extremely convenient as well as cost effective--drive versus fly to a embarkation port.  Overall, my wife and I had a good time but I've used cruise companies that seemed much more organized. Maybe it was the Houston venue that created the issues for Norwegian as far as my take on things and leaving from a Florida port maybe more enjoyable.  Overall though, a good time.

Ok--smaller than I should have booked but nothing the cruise line did--overall, clean and neat except for linen comments.
Worst part of cruise--see my comments above.
Overall, very clean. Our bed linens however smelled extremely musty as if the bed had been made months in advance and not used. Staff porter very attentive but all the follow on linen exchanges, the same odor of the linens prevailed.
Tendering to two of the ports was less than desirable from my standpoint. While efficient and staff very attentive, having to be boated to the port vice directly disembarking was less than desirable.
Children's Programs Not applicable
Food and dining experience very good but I purchased the additional dining venues and found the food in the main dining just as good and anything from the special venues.
Houston, Texas
Belize City, Belize
My first time in Belize and I'm sure there are some areas that are beautiful and extremely interesting. My bad as I didn't book any tours in Belize but the city doesn't provide anything other than being "third world". I'm guessing there are a number of upscale resorts that offer a better view of the country and area
Coxen Hole, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras