Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Caribbean - Western

Second Mate

Norwegian Jade out of Houston -November28 2015

Sail Date: November 28, 2015

We had a great price on this cruise and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Compared to past NCL cruises I felt this ship lacked just a little compared to the Jewel which we sailed on last year. To put anyone's concerns to rest about this ship it is clean, the staff competent and the food is fine.

We were well treated and have no complaints. I would recommend NCL and the Jade in particular to any family member or friend. The  professional entertainers were of a very high caliber. I enthusiastically recommend the magic act Cripton Magic as well as the 4 member singing group 4Ever. The acrobat duo  was very exciting and David Naster  is a very funny comedian that we had seen before. We spent several days around the pool stage enjoying the music of TruLife, which is a 3 piece Reggae band that does a lot of Bob Marley as well as other covers.

We did not go to the main dining room but for one meal and it was good with excellent service. Most meals we took at the Garden Room buffet for reasons of our own. There was always a great variety and the items we had were always warm and fresh. Yes, I gained weight as always.

We had an inside cabin on deck 11 aft. Plenty of closet space, everything worked,an attentive steward who kept the cabin straightened but whom we really never saw. My only slight complaint is that our cabin, 11643, was directly under the Great Outdoors area (which I really liked) on the aft of deck 12. About 5AM the crew would do some cleaning or table moving and I could hear the thumps in our cabin. Really that was a very minor thing. Otherwise, the cabin was convenient but not too close to the aft elevators which accessed the Garden Cafe and the Grand Pacific main dining room.

One of us had a foot injury which limited our mobility for the ports or excursions. We found the ships staff to be very accommodating about our injury especially the boarding and disembarkation processes.

Nice bed. Responsive thermostat. Plenty of hot water for the shower. As usual on a cruise ship there were only 2 wall outlets. Be sure to bring a power strip or multiplug.
I wish they had more hot tubs. The adult only ones are always full and the kid friendly ones are packed.
Buy your Mexican vanilla in Belize. It is about half the price they ask in Cozumel. Also the pharmacy prices seemed a lot cheaper too. Liquor prices seemed to be the best in Roatan.
Do that many people really like bingo?
All good!
Not an unfriendly one the entire week.

Don't miss the bridge viewing area on deck 11. It is very interesting.