Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

Wonderful

Sail Date: May 10, 2014

It was a truly wonderful experience - I was impressed most by Corfu and Katakalon (Olympia) and very disappointed with Santorini, it was not what we had seen in teh pictures, but an experience none the less.

Staff were wonderful an accomodating - the cruise director has a personality to match the ship, and a sense of humour to go along with it... who said Canadians had stiff upper lip type personalities? :)

I only encountered 1 unpleasant experience in the Spa and that put us off a bit, as I expected much better. There was one redeeming factor why we kept going back and her name is Sophie Gill, she is one of the staff in Mandera Spa, and she was the reason why my daughter and I returned. I found it a bit pricey, but it was a cruise so you pay for convenience. If you watch the nightly cruise news delivered to your room, there are some very good daily specials that are available at the spa.

The other shocker - 6 bottles of 1 liter water - $25.00 USD, and soft drinks (soda only) was $ 55.00 USD for the week, but no once consumes that much soft drinks.

A word to travelers from the North America - DO NOT OVER PACK - and no need to bring your best clothes - this is a very casual laid back ship and there were two events that required a bit less casual dressing.

Otherwise a wonderful experience.

Very clean
Great food in the main dining areas and the specialty restaurants. Same breakfast every day - but many choices
Wonderful, pleasant
Could have passed up the magic act
Children's Programs I do not know as I did not have a need for this
Lots to do
The room was very nice, not much motion as I was afraid of. But I wished that I had booked a balcony. The housekeeping staff were very pleasant and always accomodating
Venice, Italy
Is there anything bad one can say about Venice?
Corfu, Greece
Great - full of history. Supprisingly much better than Santorini
Santorini, Greece
Over rated
Mykonos, Greece
Very beautiful - unexpected
Katakolon (Olympia), Greece
The best one. Wish I had another day to go through the entire site at Olympia

For breakfast go to the Grand Pacific dining room - it is relaxed and service is a la carte.
Alizar and Grand Pacific for dinner.