Norwegian Jade Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Norwegian fan

Sail Date: May 10, 2014

I am now a loyal customer of Norwegian because of the wonderful experience I had on the Jade. The ship was one of the older ships but not at all tacky. Totally a fun ship with a great staff. I have been on a cruise before with RC and was treated like I didn't pay to be onboard. I don't know what it is but my age, sometimes employees treat me like crap. But on Norwegian, everyone treated me right, the way I wanted to be treated after spending that kind of money on a cruise. My room steward was super cool and thoughtful, even though he had so many other rooms to tend to, he made me feel special, and that is hard to do. I had an aft facing balcony, it was worth the price. I have read so many people complain about things on cruises and they sound so petty. Really? You have a good time if you are a fun person or you go into it having fun. I hear people complain about coffee costing 5 cents in certain rooms or that there are cover charges for specialty dining and what not. They should look at the cost of the cruise and add on those extra things before they make a decision on a cruise. You can't please people who are going to be unhappy either way, their lives are just unhappy. But for people who want to have a good time and let themselves go, they will enjoy it and make it fun.

The food in the main dining was good, and the food in the specialty dining was AWESOME. So splurge a little, you are still saving by not cruising with crazy priced for the super rich. Norwegian does it well, for those who aren't snobby and for those who don't always find something to complain about.

I will cruise Norwegian again, in fact, as soon as I got home I booked my next one and I am not super rich, but splurged. Let's see if they are consistent. :)

Room was a great size unless you are a rich snob who needs some apt size room. Balcony was nice and spacious. Beautiful to sail out of Venice, get the aft!

Order all the desserts!