Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

NCL Getaway October 17, 2015

Sail Date: October 17, 2015

Room Type: Suite

My husband and I had mixed feelings about this cruise.  We booked a mini suite that was beautiful but no bath robes were provided.  On the pool deck you could exchange towels but could not get additional towels without a lengthy discourse about your towels are provided in your stateroom.  We wanted 2 additional towels, you would think we were asking for their first born.  There were children of all ages everywhere, you couldn't escape them.  For the most part the food and service in the specialty restaurants was excellent, however the food and service in the complimentary restaurants was mediocre.  The buffet was very good, plenty of food and a good selection and enough stations so there was rarely a wait.

Cruise Photos

I LOVED THE BATHROOM!!!! Closet space was cramped, but I always pack excessively. Plenty of room on the balcony, with 2 chairs, 2 lounges and a table.
One of the best I have ever encountered both Embarkation and Disembarking were efficient and well planned out. A bit disappointed that the porter at the terminal upon disembarking wanted $20. to take our luggage to our car. He did a great job getting us through customs quickly and helping load our car. I would have preferred to make the decision on tipping myself, he probably would have received more.
Constantly reminded passengers to wash or sanitize hands. Staff always cleaning, excellent!
Just enough time in the ports. Excursions were expensive and not a lot to choose from. The excursion to The Baths in Virgin Gorda was a good value and a great experiance.
Children were everywhere, pools were packed as well as the water slides. Nothing new or different (been there done that).
Children's Programs Did not participate.
Some of the shows were quite good while others were disappointing. The comedians were excellent. the Q&A with the cast of the Ilusionarium was very well done
Just a few disappointing episodes, especially with the towel station on the pool deck. The 2 men were actually rude.
Excellent only in the specialty restaurants, even there you were limited in what you could order. You were out of luck in you wanted to have 2 appetizers or 2 desserts.
You actually incurred a charge for room service.
Miami, Florida
Miami has incredible restaurants and nightlife, enjoy them if you have the time.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Out of the way jewelry shops can offer some great values. Beautiful beaches in St Thomas and St John.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Go to the baths in Virgin Gorda. Go early and spend the day. What a great experience.
Some nice beaches in Paradise Island but Atlantis is ridiculously expensive. Don't eat there, a hamburger is over $10.00 and you will have to wait forever to get your food, and it is not that good.

The steak house is a must, excellent. Get to know your cabin steward, he could solve almost any problem. I am not much of a gambler mainly because I can't stand the smoke. On the Getaway the ventilation was excellent and there was a large "no smoking" area. The staff in the photo area were great