Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Third Mate

lots of entertainment for young and old.

Sail Date: October 17, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

There are a few things I did not like about this cruise. The food wasn't great. In the complimentary dining rooms the food was mediocre at best. What is being done is that the best food is saved for the specialty restaurants where you have to pay to eat. I noticed there was never a lobster night, we got shrimp one night.

The good steaks are also gone. One night there was a choice for a New York strip steak. Well, what we got was 3 pieces of thin sliced steak. Not impressed.

The other thing I really did not like is the fact that now they are charging for room service any time day or night. It's $7.95 per order. I love room service but not if I have to pay extra.  The "All-Inclusive" on cruises isn't going as far as it used to. They want your money at every turn. If you want to eat better, you have to pay. If you want room service, pay. The entertainment was good. The shows were really good, not the usual song and dance from other cruises. There's lots to do with kids. 5 slides, ropes course, rock climbing, mini golf, bungee jumping. There's also a small water park with Sponge Bob characters. It has lots of water shooting from everywhere. The ports were great except for Nassau. The people there are so pushy and disrespectful. The cruise was good but I was expecting something better.

Instead of going to the buffet, try Flamingos. It's Cuban food similar to what you can find around Miami (Although Miami has better food). For those of you wanting something with a different flavor. The buffet was ok but its the same as any cruise. Flamingos is not your usual buffet style food.