Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful Ship, Varied Ports

Sail Date: October 17, 2015

This was our 5th cruise with NCL over the last 10 years.  The Getaway is an awesome ship.  Plenty of varied activities for all ages.  Wide variety of restaurant choices.  We prefer the speciality restaurants so we do end up paying extra.  My only complaint is that the fitness center is too small for a ship of this size.  It can be hard to find empty machines on sea days and the weight area is impossible to get into and they lack any area for stretching, ab work, etc.  We liked the variety of ports.  We did not book any port excursions through NCL but did them on our own. Our room Stewart was very good and we were surprised at the size of our inside cabin.  It was larger than we expected.  Be prepared to spend extra for many things.  I think it would be a nice gesture to allow passengers to check-in and print boarding passes for free but you have to pay an activation fee and by the minute.  Be prepared for another $10 NCL charge........

We don't spend much time in our cabin on cruises so we are fine with an inside cabin. I would not recommend this cabin to early to bed people as it did get noise from floor above until about 10:30. If I remember correctly it was an entertainment venue the floor above. Our Stewart was great, our room more spacious than expected.

We are not big fans of the Garden Buffet cafeteria food in general but I did like the salad bar. Our favorite speciality dining was Le Bistro.