Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

First Cruise we've been on, and it was amazing

Sail Date: October 17, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

So we decided to go on a family vacation with all of my sisters and their spouses. My wife and I had never been on a cruise so we were not sure what to expect. With the guidance from my brother-in-law, he worked with our travel agent to get us all together on the same floor, with a balcony view. Seeing as this has been my first cruise, I don't know if I can now go without having a balcony view. The shows were amazing. The talent that they have on board to keep you entertained did an excellent job. This may be a surprise, but the casino did take some of my money, so I wasn't one of the few fortunate ones that could pay for their cruise on their winnings, but it was still a ton of fun.

Tortola is a newer port, so don't be surprised to not find very much shopping. The family did the Virgin Gorda and Baths, and that was an huge hit. Just be prepared to do a lot of walking on and around large boulders.

The only negative that we had on this cruise was that we never met our room statesmen, and the first couple of days, it took a while to get our room made up. Norwegian provides special towels to use on your excursions and at the pool, but if you don't return the number of towels that were given to your room, you will be charged a $25 fee for each towel. We placed one of our towels to be replaced in our room, but it took 24 hours to get a new one.