Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Overcrowded and Not Free-Style

Sail Date: September 12, 2015

This ship may be the biggest but it's also the most crowded.  On day one I was ready to lounge poolside while my little ones did the water slides but I couldn't find a single free lounge chair in any shade.  And as for the pools, there were only 2 tiny pools for thousands of passengers.  Just plain silly.  I put my swimsuit away, sadly.  The water slides look cool but the lines to ride them were long, like Disneyland.  The food was fabulous, aside from the fact that breakfast was the same routine every day--routine of food offerings AND crowds bumping shoulders trying to get some.  So many things cost additional money once I was on board, like darts or skeetball.  Everything seemed like a sales pitch for more spending.  The onboard shopping was poor, with only $1,000+ jewelry available or junk.  The main dining room was beautiful and food excellent.  The service throughout the ship was VERY good when the employees were happy.  I think the crowds in the buffet Garden Cafe were daunting to the employees cuz they weren't always cheerful--neither was I.

lovely. wonderful.
The ship quality was spectacular and very clean. The design is poor with a sport court, ropes course & slides taking up so much room--also exclusive areas on other end. 2 tiny pools for too many people.
3rd world Islands lacking much to do or see
board--I don't drink but this cruise nearly drove me to it!

skip it