Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Excellent cruise with a few hiccups

Sail Date: August 15, 2015

Traveled As: Family w/young children

Pros: Superb Entertainment (some of which were a surcharge), Top Class Kids Club, Excellent food and choices, fantastic aqua area and good evening shows. Very helpful staff*, courteous people*, nice specials, easy embarkation and disembarkation process

Cons: Room was dirty, smelly and carpet was dingy (this was supposed to be a new ship), but it was roomy (we had 3 persons in there comfortably)The stop at Tortula was not as expected (all aboard time ws 2.30pm which was short - but there was nothing to do or see in Tortula anyway). There were 4 isolated incidents where I encountered truly rude and aggressive staff (something you simply do not expect on a cruise ship, especially when you are reserved, polite and quiet like I am), one of which embarrassed me in front of my kids and other guests. It occurred while playing one of NCL's invitation games (scavenger hunt for signatures) where one had to get signatures from particular crew members. I was shouted at, and made a fool of - all for a game that I was invited to play. My thing is - if games are going to attract responses from your crew like that - why have them? I am conservative by nature and don't like crowds or participating in games and I only took part because my kids asked me to. It was an utter disappointment. In addition, 50% of the photo gallery staff preferred if you did not bother them - even for the simplest of questions - thank goodness the others were helpful.

Great room steward, but room was dingy, carpet needs to be changed. No bed bugs, slept great, more room than other cabins I've been on.

Wait for laundry specials, use the kids club (my kids were begging to go back), book comedy shows very very early