Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Purser

Norwegian Getaway cruise

Sail Date: August 15, 2015

I felt like they try to get every dollar out of you. They charge the room the tip everyday, I am fine with that, I do not like the fact that we do not know who and how much the money is going too. They should give the people cruise money to hand out to the crew as they see fit. Service on the ship was not at a high level, I feel that is because they know they are getting the tips and do not need to earn it. Also there was 11 of us on the ship 4 kids between 12-15 they would not allow the 12 year old to go tot he 13+ room with his brother and cousins. The kids did not have a good time at all, in turn the adults did not as well, all because the cruise line would not allow one kid to join the older room when his birthday was one month away. There is one pool for the adults not big at all, the kids are not able to be in there, the kids pool is small and right under the slides, I have been on plenty of cruises and this one has been the one I did not enjoy. The rooms are small, the hallways are narrow and balcony's are small, hard to fit the chair and yourself on there. Also beware of the shops they like to push the watches and tell you it is the best price, I was in St. Thomas and the same watch the ship was charging me $149 for I got for $100 at imperial jewelers in St. Thomas. The watch brand was invicta. The buffet closes at 11:30p and the only thing open is O'Sheenes which by the way has a smaller menu after 11pm and does not offer a desert or anything sweet. If you want room service there is a 7.95 service charge ridicules   On a positive the food is good

Balcony was too small hard to fit yourself and the chair behind you