Norwegian Getaway Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

Wonderful Frst Time Experience with NCL

Sail Date: May 24, 2014

Room Type: Suite

Love Big Smile This was a 2 week back-to-back cruise for me as I thought since it was a new ship and a new cruise line for me I wanted to experience everything they had to offer. I was not disappointed. In fact, I thought it was the best cruise I ever took and my husband and I took over 24 for me and multiple more for him on different cruiselines. Now that I am a solo cruiser (he passed away in 2011) I was hesitant about being on such a large ship. Not to worry. Everyone, from the friendly staff to the fantastic passengers, made me feel welcome and included. On this particular cruise, the cruise director, Joel, was outstanding and he kept everyone up and happy.The entertainment was top-notch and some of the best I have ever seen, on or off a ship.  I was never at a loss for something to do, whether it be Deal or No Deal, dance lessons, movies in the Atrium, enjoying the amenities in the fabulous Spa or just chilling on my balcony. The cabins were well appointed with plenty of storage and lush bedding. Don't even get me started on the fabulous waterfall shower.The ship itself was beautiful and the easy flow from one venue to another was well planned out. I would definitely go on this ship again and in fact am doing a Halloween cruise on the NCL Sun.  My suggestion to everyone who is considering any cruise is to not listen to the bloggers out there. Everyone has their own likes and dislikes and it would be a shame to miss out on a fabulous experience by taking someone else's opinion as fact. Put yourself out there and enjoy life.

Please see my review
My one issue would be that the food was warm, sometimes cold, not hot
Too many to list; EVERYONE I had contact with was exceptional (I mean it)
OMG! Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. ALL shows
Children's Programs Not applicable to me
Loved the game shows, dance lessons, fireworks, GLOW party, Everything
There are other ports to explore on a Western cruise. Nassau should be off roster
Miami, Florida Did not do anything here, just got on board ship
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Would not even get off ship. Atlantis is not worth the hassle

If you want a relaxing breakfast, go to one of the dining rooms. They are less hectic than the buffet. If you do not have a Haven cabin, definitely pay the extra cost for access to the Thermal suite. It is pure heaven and you will leave the cruise rejuvenated and unstressed.