Great ship, but learn to schedule when not a holiday for children

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Helpful Vote: 1

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 11, 2016
Ship: Norwegian Gem

The ship was beautiful very clean, staff very attentive . The only complaint I would mention is the number of children on this cruise. They were running around unsupervised and loud. The television in rooms was very small and no channels that gave us happenings in the states other than election news all day.

The shows were great and every night we had a different show , the restaurant food had a good selection each evening as well.

The auto gratuity I feel is something that should be added to the price of the cruise  up front and not after you had scheduled the cruise. I myself pay those attendants that service me such as room stewards and host and waitstaff.

Room design could be a little better, when the beds are together it left very little room to get around bed , my wife would bang her leg on the closeness of the bed to the desk area and I had very little room on my side to navigate around, had to walk sideways to and the edge of bed dug in at times.