Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Wonderful Cruise

Sail Date: February 11, 2016

Room Type: Suite

All in all It was a fabulous cruise with a fabulous staff, accommodations, activities and dining.

Pros: From embarkation to debarkation I enjoyed my cruise on the Gem. My Mini Suite balcony room 11038 was clean, comfortable and included a refrigerator, safe and full bath tub. My steward Rolando was outstanding. Always welcoming and friendly each time I saw him.

I planned my day by highlighting my Freestyle daily. There were more than enough activities to choose from. The nightly shows were all very good and I enjoyed playing Deal or No Deal and Bingo. The music in the Spinnaker and Magnums lounges was relaxing. The Casino was good size and Ralph and Predrag were also outstanding staff members. Welcoming , friendly and very helpful each time I went.

The dining options were all very good whether I ate in the Main Dining rooms, Buffet or Orchid restaurants. The staff was friendly and attentive. Lobster is now Al La Ca-rte but I did enjoy it as a treat.

Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, St. Maarten and Tortola were all terrific ports. I enjoyed shopping in Puerto Rico and St. Thomas and taxied to the beach in St. Maarten and Tortola my two favorite ports. Don't miss the ride up the mountain and down to the beach on the other side of Tortola. The view is breathtaking!

The only negatives were the teenagers blocking the handrails on the staircases especially when it was rocky and I needed to hold on and the children running up and down the walkways. One other negative was the Verizon Global plan at sea I purchased. I pretty much had no service. Other than that I enjoyed every minute of my cruise on the Gem.

Cruise Photos

More than enough space and storage. Always kept very clean and amenities re-stocked. Mt steward Rolando was outstanding.
I especially liked playing Deal Or No Deal, Bingo and in the Casino. Ralph & Predrag were always very friendly and outstanding staff members. I loved the music in the lounges and laying by the pool.
All of the food was fantastic and well presented. The staff was wonderful and always very welcoming.
New York, New York
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I walked to the beach and taxied back.. Wonderful beach and lots of shops.
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
The taxi to the beach on the other side was well worth it with amazing views and a fabulous beach.