Good Trip for the Season

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: December 23, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Gem

This was my first 10-day cruise.  I loved the food that was offered from the buffet to the speciality restaurants.  However, this is not the cruise you want to be on if you're prone to going stir crazy like I am.  Three days at sea going and coming back was a bit too much for me.  I would prefer a cruise that spends more time at the ports, which was unfortunately not the case for this particular journey.  In addition, the holidays (Christmas and New Year's Eve) were spent at sea, which was a bummer.  The stewards on the ship were great and very helpful, but the general staff in other locations were not as welcoming or friendly, which was unfortunate.  Overall, the ports were great - Tortola is amazing!

The female comedian they hired was absolutely horrible and not funny at all. Avoid her show!

The stewards were great, the help desk staff, not always as courteous.

My only gripe with the cabin is the lack of television stations. However, the space was adequate and the staff made sure to make up beds were needed and replace towels. We were well taken care of and had space to move within the cabin without being on top of each other.

The smoking on the ship is nearly unbearable. While I understand that we have to make accommodate smokers, it was unfortunate that I was not able to enjoy the casino and some of the bar areas due to the cigarette smoke. Smokers should smoke outside or in a designated room, like the cigar room.