Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Surprisingly disappointing

Sail Date: October 20, 2015

The service and the staff and the nightly shows were just about the only good parts of the cruise experience.  The daily activities were sorely lacking (first time Ive ever been bored on a cruise) or you had to pay extra or the activity was related to a sales pitch.  There were only 2 pools and they were right next to each other, causing everyone to be in the same place at the same time and never ONCE were we able to find an unoccupied lounge chair.  Everytime we went swimming we had to put our belongings on the floor or in a cubby.  There were no good movies to watch in the cabin, and the movies that did play we never knew when they would start so we would always catch them in the middle.  Having a large screen or a seperate theather for movie viewing would have been nice. And finally the food was most nights terrible.  Lots a gelatin was used in the desserts, we were introduced to nothing new or exciting, and there was no midnight chocolate buffet or mexican night (2 cruise staples). My fiance actually LOST 10 POUNDS on this cruise because he was eating so little!

The cabin was always clean and well supplied but there wasnt enough room to simply walk around the bed to get in and out and the bathroom was TINY!! You had to sit sideways on the toilet because your knees would touch the wall and everytime I would brush my hair in the mirror my arm would bang against the shower door. Also when showering in the shower we would constantly bang our arms against the walls and doors because there was so little room to maneuver. I know staterooms are small, you go into the cruise expecting this but this room was uncomfortably and inconveniently so!
Embarkation was find but the disembarkation was painfully delayed because the ship was 40 mins late coming into the NY port. We had to stand in the lobby on line with out luggage for almost an hour! My legs were in a lot of pain!
We love trivia and games and only found TWO activities to participate in, in the 10 days we were onboard! No good movies to watch And bowling and was extra money! That's just wrong!
The nightly shows were fantastic but the only other entertainment was music (bands, lounge singers or a dj. That got old very quickly
Food was mostly plain, boring, nothing new or exciting, no chocolate buffet or theme nights like Mexcian. Desserts used too much gelatin and my fiance lost 10 pounds from a lack of foods that he liked.

Dont go!