Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Food Service, Drinks, Stateroom

Sail Date: October 20, 2015

This is my 3rd cruise with Norwegian and it was my worse because from day one, our luggages went to someone's else's room and the stateroom attendants keep telling us to go to customer service and report it... I don't have time for that when the line is forming a circle and all they have to do is confirming that the tags on the luggages are at the correct stateroom... My husband and I did just that and it took us less and a few minutes and got our luggages ourselves... Secondly the food look old and stale. It looks to me like it was prepared days ago... While I understand that not everything were prepares fresh daily, for crying out loud at the very least please make sure the vegetables are FRESH!!!! All vegetables were saggy, of POOR quality therefore no NUTRIENTS, etc... The drink package "UBP" was a joke I am an occasional drinker and i like a good cocktail once in a while but the cocktails were all syrup, ice and mixers "juice, cream, etc"... The shower floor was dirty because the water keeps coming back up i was showering in "STANDING WATER" which is very unhealthy and not sanitary from a health prospective... "EW" Worse experience EVER!!! so gross!!!

I would give my cabin a 2.5 out of 5 because the wear & tear was showing and taking a shower in stand water was not pleasant... and the bed was not comfortable
was a breeze!!!
The odor of sewage was tremendous throughout the ship... I had to walk with a spit cup the odor was so GROSS!!! Also, the wear & tear was showing in my stateroom...
Destinations and Excursions did my own thing
Onboard Activities was ok
Children's Programs N/A
was ok! it was not like my other 2 cruises where the entertainment was awesome...
While the staff was pleasant it was their duty to make sure the food was at an appropriate temperature before bringing to the table considering they have to go so far to get the food...
The food was cold all the time until i start complaining and sending stuff back... Even the "HOT WATER" to make tea was cold!!!
New York, New York
love leaving from NY
San Juan, Puerto Rico
been to that location before
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
nothing to do been there before
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Tortola, British Virgin Islands did not get off ship because of time... did not want to feel rush...

Hopefully my comments, gets the review it deserves... because I love cruising with Norwegian...and this was my worse experience... However, it seems like the food is ALWAYS BAD!!! because my prior "FOOD" experience was bad too... Please do FRESH vegetable and FRUITS... and make sure the food is HOT!