Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Disappointed Gold Latitude member

Sail Date: February 09, 2015

Although I have always been a Norwegian fan, cruising every year for over 7 years, this cruise was very disappointing.

I noticed several "cut backs" that affected the quality of Norwegian.  Also there I no acknowledgement for dedicated cruisers.  The latitudes program is a joke

I noticed a lack in cleanliness in the cabins, discontinuing of the lobster/captains' dinner as well as the quality  and variety of food offered.

We are planning our 2016 cruise now and we are comparing NCL along with the other competition.  In the past I would NEVER consider another cruiseline...after this cruise. I am ready to try other cruise lines

decrease in quality and variety
Seen the same shows last year
WE had the same dirty glasses for the entire cruise. We did request clean glasses an received them once
New York, New York
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Sun, Rum and Salsa, great time and recommended
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Orient Beach is the best!!! gorgeous
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Catamaran sailaway was a great excursion.

The Gem is in great need of repair and upgrading. Upholstery is worn, chairs in the theater are broken. The pool and hot tub on pool deck are in need of painting.