Disappointed Gold Latitude member

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

9 Night Eastern Caribbean (New York Roundtrip)
Sail Date: February 09, 2015
Ship: Norwegian Gem

Although I have always been a Norwegian fan, cruising every year for over 7 years, this cruise was very disappointing.

I noticed several "cut backs" that affected the quality of Norwegian.  Also there I no acknowledgement for dedicated cruisers.  The latitudes program is a joke

I noticed a lack in cleanliness in the cabins, discontinuing of the lobster/captains' dinner as well as the quality  and variety of food offered.

We are planning our 2016 cruise now and we are comparing NCL along with the other competition.  In the past I would NEVER consider another cruiseline...after this cruise. I am ready to try other cruise lines

decrease in quality and variety

Seen the same shows last year

WE had the same dirty glasses for the entire cruise. We did request clean glasses an received them once

The Gem is in great need of repair and upgrading. Upholstery is worn, chairs in the theater are broken. The pool and hot tub on pool deck are in need of painting.

Sun, Rum and Salsa, great time and recommended
Orient Beach is the best!!! gorgeous
Catamaran sailaway was a great excursion.