Norwegian Gem Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

horrible horrible experience

Sail Date: February 09, 2015

10 to 15 foot waves had the ship bouncing around like a rollercoaster.  Of the 10 in our party 8 had to spend a day or more in their cabins.  My wife was sick the whole time and had to go to medical for an IV. The nurse on duty was wonderful....however that cannot be said for some of the crew members especially the waiters and waitresses at the majestic.  My wife attempted to help her clean up the places and was told in a rather snippy tone to "put the plate down".....my cousin asked for extra ice and was told "you'll have to wait"  Very unprofessional.  Another complaint  was the 12 fl Garden Café....very hard to find seats...you had to walk back and forth many times just to find a seat....not only that but WHY NO TRAYS?  You had to walk around trying to balance  a plate and a cup of hot coffee all the while the ship was acting like a roller coaster....needless to say there were many spills...The worst of all was when I asked at the service desk if my  wife could sleep in one of the chairs as she could not go up to the room because the ship was bouncing around so badly.  The girl at the counter went to ask the supervisor who said "she cannot sleep here"  yet people were sleeping there all day.  I saw to supervisor and told her how sick my wife was....one whole day on bathroom floor and IVa but she had no solutions.  I asked wasn't there somewhere she could sleep but the supervisor said there were rooms but they were on the same floor....she showed no compassion at all (unlike the medical nurse who called every day to see how my wife was doing!!!!  Also the internet was horrible, it took forever to log on....couple of times I didn't want to wait so I just logged off.  When I saw an 23 dollar charge for the internet which I know I was not logged on I went to see the manager who quickly agreed to credit the $23 back....Also the balcony was not worth the money, too small and too unappealing...chairs always covered with paint chips from the ceiling which was peeling very badly.Last item is why is there smoking still allowed in the casino...smokers are in the minority but the majority has to put up with it.  I know many non smokers who spent very little time in the casino ...seems like a better ventilation system is in order.  Last yr at about the same time we took a Carnival cruise to the Bahamas...It was magnificent......better food selection, nicer people ...just more enjoyable.  I know Norweigen has no control over the weather but a refund of sorts would be appreciate.

balcony was peeing very badly
Trays needed in Garden Cafe
snippy attitude on the part of some of the food service personal
pretty small with an unappealing balcony that was full of paint chips for the ceiling...