Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Pleasantly surprised

Sail Date: September 21, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

Room Type: Suite

I have been on 40 cruises in my life.  Prior to this trip only one was on NCL, the Norweigian Wind about 10 years ago from Hawaii for 10 days.  It as by far the worst cruise I've ever been on and I vowed to never go on a NCL cruise again.  Vacation dollars are quite valuable to me and to waste both the money, my time and the experience on a completely terrible trip is a lasting image.

This trip was flawless.  With nearly 5000 passengers on board I never felt cramped, rushed or slighted.  There were no lines ever and the food and entertainment was terrific.  The only restaurant that we found disappointing was Cagney's Steakhouse, worst steak on the trip, poor service and a disappointing experience. Other than this the only thing I would change is to add another sea day.  The pace of this many ports on a seven day cruise is over kill.  The pool area is so nice it's a shame not to be able to se it.

The last thing to discuss is, I am a smoker.  There are way more smokers than places to smoke.  The area on the pool deck didn't have enough space because some people camped out there with the entire families including babies, not allowing others to use the area.  I usually gamble but did not even spend even a single dine on this ship in the casino simply because the smokers were stuck back in the corner and ashtrays were difficult to find.  If the casino wants my money, they will need to earn it.  I did go to the casino in Monte Carlo and unfortunately they keep too much of my cash.  I do have status with several casinos in Vegas.  They work hard to earn my money.

The space was well though out and we had plenty of room, the cabin stewart was great.

Great ship, easy to get around. They have though of everything. Once again, a little more consideration for the smokers would be helpful, don't consider us second class citizen's. We are not looking to make things uncomfortable for the nonsmokers, but just a little more for us.

1 Comment