Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Western Med Cruise

Sail Date: September 21, 2016

The ship was clean and there was attention given to keeping it that way and to frequent handwashing etc. The room (studio) was adorable and just right for one person without being claustraphobic.

The food was so-so- some of it was terribly commercial and there were very few gluten free choices. I had a hamburger about 97 times because of this. I feel there could be more effort made to have a few more "clean" choices for all types of dietary restrictions. The fresh fruit was usually bad as if was toast before we set sail to begin with.

The part we liked the least was the pool area. I understand wanting to get people in the mood to have a good time but it was so loud most of the time. Too loud for us to be out there and we are only in our 50's. You could not have conversation if you were trying to eat at the outdoor cafe and you could not doze off if you were sitting out there. Others around us - every single time- were complaining about. I called to complain and was told my comment would be forwarded to the Entertainment department. This was not a spring break frat party in the Caribbean - this was a bunch of adults on a European cruise. The music did not need to be screaming loud and pulsating all day long.

I would LOVE an opportunity to put my two cents in on the gift shops. Higher quality items, drug store necessities and more variety would have sold well.

perfect size for one
very clean
did not do these through the cruiseline
seemed a little cheesy - feel sure I could have come up with something better than fruit cutting demos and movies being shown at 11 AM
although the shows were not great they were offered at 9:30 which was too late when we had to set alarms for 5:30 AM in order to walk off in time to meet excursions. I think there could be more variety with start times.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy We did Rome both before and after the ship - it's too far away from the port to make it a good excursion. It needs more attention than that.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Cannes, France
Beautiful but a little lackluster
Naples, Italy
fantastic

It's a large cruise ship with a bajillion people - you get what you pay for. It was fine for what it was- this is not a high end cruise and complaints seemed to fall on deaf ears.