Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Third Mate

Dream Vacation

Sail Date: May 18, 2016

I have been dreaming and plotting this trip for years. It ended up being truly charmed, much better than I hoped. Each port was spectacular and my shore excursions went off without a hitch. I booked excursions with AA and saved a lot of money over the cruise line excursions.

Cruise Photos

I really expected it to be more cramped but it was designed for a very efficient use of space with lots of storage. I was very pleased and we had a very good Stewart
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We went round trip from this port and spent a couple of extra days here. Buy an Omni pass and skip the lines.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
Cannes, France
We got a shore excursion with AA to see Cannes, Nice, and Monte Carlo. We saw the changing of the guard at Prince Albert's castle. We even got to take a lap around the Grand Prix. This was a great port and an experience we will always cherish.
Marseille (Provence), France
We were very impressed with the Marseille Norte Dame and the prison where "The Count of Monte Cristo" was filmed. We had tickets to ride the hop on and off the bus and got to explore the whole city.
Barcelona, Spain
The architecture is the real story here. We got to see the outside of Sagrada Familia but the stop was on a Sunday and it was very busy. Buy your ticket in advance if you want to see the inside.
Naples, Italy
This was a terrific excursion down Southern Italy to the Amalfi Coast. It was not just beautiful, it was a buffet for the eyes. It was an all day tour and we thourghly enjoyed it

If you are on the Epic, get a spa package, it is really worth the money and this ship had a great spa. After all the the walking and exploring on the shore excursions it was so nice to relax at the spa.

1 Comment