Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Disappointed the Second Time Around.

Sail Date: October 19, 2014

First, we are veterans of about 20 cruises. This is the first time I have been motivated to post a negative review. As hard a lot of good people tried to make this a nice experience, NCL management's attempts to squeeze bucks could not be overcome.

We choose a travel agent offering a $450 on board credit. Upon boarding, our account showed a $50 credit. We immediately brought it to the attention of the ships help desk who explained they had to e-mail their offices in Miami and an answer would take 2-3 days. This caused concern as not all on board credits are refundable. A substantial sum might prove difficult to spend in the remaining 4-5 days. After 4 days, NCL still could not come up with an answer. Finally, I purchased Wi-fi time, located my original reservation and provided NCL with the proof they couldn't come up with on their own, and ended up with an additional $400 in my account on the 5th day of the cruise. Luckily it was refundable. The whole process weighed negatively on our entire cruise. The refund was sent in 30 days, the maximum the cruise line guarantees to the day.

The food as a whole was mediocre. Food in the main dining rooms was not the least bit interesting and repetitive, probably to drive you to the "specialty" restaurants. We always try a steak house on board, in this case Cagney's I believe. This is the first time in 20+ cruises we had a bad meal, all for only $30 each! These idiots could not cook a steak. My wife orders Medium Well, I order Medium Rare. The first time both came out cold in the middle, literally. Their second attempt was equally as futile. After an hour of bread and water we finally called it quits. To their credit? They offered us a free bottle of wine from their "complimentary" wine list (No doubt worth about $5.00) but still charged us a total of $60 for their incompetence.

We looked forward to their centerpiece Blue Man Group show, it was great four years earlier our first time on the Epic, we needn't have wasted the time, it was exactly the same show.

All in all, the efforts of some really good people, Ou cabin stewards, the casino people and about half the waiters waitresses were ruined by horrible management from NCL Miami on down. We have already turned down an invitation to cruise with NCL again with friends next year.

Rust everywhere
The Casino staff was great!
A repeat of 4 years ago