Norwegian Epic Cruise Review to Europe - Western Mediterranean

Great Cruise!

Sail Date: May 25, 2014

Loved how we were somewhere new everyday!

The ship seemed clean. We went with another couple whose room was literally right next door. My room never had pool towels, my bedside light was out and I mean completely hanging out of the wall -out, and other little things we didn't have/get that our friends did.  Rooms had plenty of space for clothes and toiletres.

Food was good and offered a great variety! We never had an issues with long lines except in the buffet areas but that's expected.  CON: Room service is terrible and so is the "free" water. I am a water drinker but it was horrible and found myself buying water off shore.

We watched the Circ(?) Show. It was the dinner show with circus type acts. Very entertaining but the food was no impressive. I'd expect better being a DINNER show.  Blue man group was good but we had seen the same show in Las Vegas four years ago.

Excursions were ok, very touristy and very overpriced but they scare you into buying through them so you wont get left. Worst and most expensive day was Florence/Pisa. TERRIBLE guide, tour, and food!

Loved the slides, hot tubs, bar/drink areas
Staff started to recognize us and that was nice.
I found the daily guide overwhelming with so many times/locations/* for extra price
Overwhelming to understand/ read the daily guide
Loved all our stops but excursions were overpriced and very touristic.
My bedside light was broken and hanging from the wall, wires were even showing. I thought it might get fixed sometime during the week but never did. Cleaning staff always forgot pool towels and would not clean the same as our neighbors cabin. The two twin mattresses fit together but I found it uncomfortable to always be sleeping in the lumpy middle.
Barcelona, Spain
Naples, Italy
Loved our guide! Pompeii was amazing and I wish we had more time in Sorrento. The farm house was ok.
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
We booked through a different company and it was an amazing day.
Livorno (Florence & Pisa), Italy
This was our most expensive excursion purchased through the cruise. Terrible food, bad guide, and poor planning.
Cannes, France
Its better to just walk around and do on your own!
Palma De Mallorca, Balearic Islands
We sat in the bascillica for over an hour. Do on your own!