A very relaxing 11 day cruise.

MSC Lirica Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

11 Night Southern Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 05, 2007
Ship: MSC Lirica
The ship was meticuously clean. And the wait staff and cabin stewards were excellent. But we were disappointed in the food. Breakfast on deck 11 was excellent and the chef absolutely amazing. Some of the entertainment was outstanding and some was so-so. The daily announcements were available in 5 languages as we had many people from different countries onboard. The ports were excellent choices. We enjoyed being able to get off the ship on almost a daily basis because of the constant rocking of the ship. We doubted whether the ship had stablizers. If it did, they not used because the seas were not rough but ship constantly rocked. This is our third cruise and I do not remember ever having the motion that he had on this ship. Our friends did not feel well the entire time because of the constant motion. One of the greatest assets for us was the fact that a priest was onboard and offered daily Mass. This we enjoyed!! We did not sign up for excurisons on the ship but had no problem arranging the tours ourselves in each port at a reduced cost.
So if one is looking for a spotlessly clean ship, excellent wait staff and room stewards, daily Mass, great ports and can overlook the food and comfort of the beds, this cruise is for them.
Took tour of the very rich and the very poor. Disappointing island for us.
This privately owned island was very nice. Water warm but not as warm as Tortola.
Excellent spices. I bought 3 quarts of extract of pure vanilla. Saffron, nutmeg, cinnamon great prices.
Beautiful approach ot this island among many other islands. Beach was beautiful. We took a tour off the ship (no tours were arrangement on the ship). After visiting the beach, I wished that I had just gone to the beautiful beach with bathtub temperature water. It was beautiful!!
Shop until you drop here. Absolutely the best bargains at the French side Flea Market. So sorry that I didn't realize this before hand. An example: beach bag with wrap around skirt for $8.00. Other islands wanted $30.00 for the same item. Buy all your gifts here except for spices (Grenada).
Did not want the American Dollar here. People not as friendly as other islands. French spoken.
Took tour of the very rich and the very poor. Disappointing island for us.

Pros: The cleanliness of ship was outstanding. The cabin stewards and dining room staff.offered excellent service. Daily MASS was offered.

Cons: The food was not the best. Shrimp Cocktail and Spiny Lobster was offered once during the cruise and unfortunately the lobster was overcooked as well as the swordfish on another night. The beds were not comfortable. I brought along a Memory Foam Topper otherwise I would not have been able to sleep

Recommends MSC Lirica? No.