Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Europe - Mediterranean

9 night Greek Isles

Sail Date: June 10, 2016

Best part: Cruise  was smooth and relaxing.

Improvements:  Could provide more chairs by pool and other areas outside on decks;  am not needing disability assistant but I saw a lot of elderly having a hard time finding places to sit down.  Also I felt that providing alcohol was more of a priority than those who didn't drink.  Guest services lines were to time consuming (you need more help there for sure).  Food could be improved with variety instead of the same thing night after night.  Like why no fries or burgers after hours when Windjammer was closed. Please do something about in stateroom tv viewing; same shows for 9 days (that was boring and not very enjoyable).  Your cruise director was funny but I felt he could have taken in consideration with some of his comments that there were children on board.  We had a great housekeeper (Joyce) she did a wonderful job and was super friendly.

Not sure if I would recommend the Jewel of the Seas to someone.  Ship was a little smaller than I expected.

It was nice
Crew did there job in a timely manner at the ports. BUT one place that could be improved on was when we arrived at Civitavecchia. From the train station there were NO directions to the ship that was NOT a pleasant experience.
So; So
Time of some excursions were to fast; need more time to explore but needing to return to ship did not make that possible at a few of the ports
not for families more for singles
Joyce (housekeeping)
change the menu daily
Civitavecchia (Rome), Italy
Messina, Sicily
Mykonos, Greece
Enjoying a meal next to the sea.
Kusadasi (Ephesus), Turkey
Visiting an ancient city of Bible times
Santorini, Greece
Taking photos!
Piraeus (Athens), Greece
Naples, Italy
Eating gelato from a 150 year old establishment. For me by far the best in all of Italy!!! Located in Sorrento, Italy

None