Excellent service

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Sawyer Glacier (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: May 29, 2015
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Cabin Number: 2023

This was my first cruise, and the service in the restaurants and throughout the ship was first-class. Every crew member was cheerful and always greeted me. However, there were three negatives. First, the check-in process was long and torturous. It could easily discourage any traveler. Second, when it came time to disembark the ship in Victoria, it was another long and torturous process, and we stood for a minimum of 45 minutes in a narrow, cramped and stuffy corridor. Third, the price that was charged for my 11-month-old grandson was more than I paid for my fare. That is unacceptable and, for that reason alone, I would discourage anyone from using Royal Caribbean.

N/A

N/A

The service was excellent, and the size of the room was bigger than other rooms I saw, and totally unanticipated. The negative would be that the room needs more electrical outlets, especially in this day of so many electrical devices and chargers.
Spent no time in Seattle.
View the spectacular scenery.
The tour was expensive and a taxi ride would have been as good. Don't book it. Do it yourself when you arrive.
Take the Klondike Highway bus ride. Or take the railroad tour.
Another spectacular view. Take plenty of photos.
The hop-on, hop-off tour was excellent. Make sure you check in first and get your pass. It's not necessary to take the overpriced Butchart Garden tour. There are other fine gardens within walking distance of downtown.