A wonderful cruise

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

11 Night Ultimate Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 28, 2011
We recently sailed on the Jewell of the Seas and I must say the entertainment programs were excellent. The shows were excellent and the varieties of the music was enjoyable. I have never sit in the Centrum as much as I did on this cruise. My dinning experience was a superb. I had 'my time dinning' and Aton and Vedran were my Waitress and the assistant. Both are to be commended for their excellent services: accommodating, fast, courteous, attentive, extremely knowledgeable, and have outstanding personalities. Portofino has a wonderful dish. The food was excellent. I seldom visited the Windjammer buffet because the quality of the food is not at par with the dinning room. We loved all the nightlife options. The shows were great but we really enjoyed the varieties of dancing music from swing dance, cha cha, rumba, foxtrot, line dancing etc.. I am disappointed with view items: it would be nice if there were balloons at my cabin door for my anniversary and on the date of the celebration in the dinning room, the Waitres should have been well informed for this event without me have to ask or tell them. I know other cruise lines pay special attention on this type of event. Other disappointment was the values of the excursions. Example: encounter with the Dolphin and Turtles. The cost does not justified the experience on this excursion because there were so little time to encounter the dolphin. For a 3 hours tour, 1.5 hours were spent just sitting around doing nothing, 30 minutes to the pool and encountered the dolphin and 30 minutes to change/shower and 30 minutes to drive from and to the port.

Tide dining

Going through the canal is amazing.
Rain Forrest
Old town is interesting
Beautiful beach is a must but visiting the desert is a waste of time.
Encountered with a Dolphin is a waste of time. Too short but too expensive.

Pros: The entertaintment

Cons: the values of the excursions

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!