Great Honeymoon Cruise

Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

11 Night Ultimate Caribbean (Ft. Lauderdale Roundtrip)
Sail Date: March 28, 2011
Ship: Jewel of the Seas
Okay, I see I have to keep this short b/c my session has timed out twice while I was writing.

Great experiences overall

We preferred the casual dining atmosphere of the Windjammer Cafe. The main dining room was nice on formal nights. We did not try the other restaurants.

Clean, updated. Wish there were more hot tubs. We had to get up before sunrise in order to get some time to ourselves...we wanted to get in and get out before the crowds.

The room and balcony were both a nice size. I wish the showers were bigger. We showered alone and even though my husband and I are both slim, we found it to be a VERY tight space. The blackout curtains were great!
Kayak Tours and Gatun Locks of the Panama Canal. The tour guide was great. It was really cool to kayak out on the canal. The wildlife we saw was not scary... no caymans (maybe they were sleeping in the nests we passed), only monkeys and turtles.
Don't Miss: Gatun Locks and Kayaking
Our tour was not through the cruise... Just through the jewelry shop at the port, are tons of tour guides wanting your business. They are reasonably priced (think $20/pp). The market/shops they take you to are the pretty touristy areas where every shop has the same thing, but we did go to a jewelry shop and saw them making emerald jewelry.
Good tour and guide
Don't Miss: The Natural Bridge is breathtaking and good photo ops there
Helmet diving was a unique experience for a scaredy cat like me. The dolphins were fun and the turtle farm was cool too.
Don't Miss: Swimming with dolphins, and turtle farm and helmet diving
We did the sky tram over the rain forest. It was okay, but took too long to get there and back so we did not have time to do anything else. I guess we will have to go back *shoot*! :o)

Pros: clean updated ship, great stops on the itenerary

Cons: I wish there was a 24hr. casual dining room

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!