Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Fun - sun - relaxation

Sail Date: January 13, 2007

The Jewel of the Seas was a great ship - manned by a friendly - courteous staff, that catered to your every whim. Within reason of course! There was plenty to do - or not do if you chose - on board the ship and the shore excursions were bountiful. The ship was in excellent condition and the staff outstanding! Would sail again on her in a heartbeat!

Pros: Great staff

Cons: Food could be better

Recommends Jewel of the Seas? Yes!

Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Take a tour of the island - it's great!
I wasn't in Nassau in 30 years - in that time Nassau had grown up and was a great place to vist! A lot more to see and do - than just the "straw market"!
Don't Miss: The Atlantis hotel and casino - disneyland in the Bahamas...
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
I love St Thomas - so do my girlfriend(s) - we go shopping for Jewelry - this port has the best buys in the Carribean. Pushpa at "touch of gold" has been a friend of mine for the last 14 years - and she always treats me right!!
Don't Miss: - Take the "Historic tour" of the Island - $25 - pleanty of info and fun...
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I've been to San Juan numerous times and "been there - done that" - plenty to do and see -if you want to.. This time we just hung by the city square and did some people watching - the three kings festival had just concluded and the square was aglow.
Don't Miss: Don't miss El Morrow (sp) - if you have time - go to the Jungle!
St. John's, Antigua
I didn't care for Antigua - been there 5 times before and it's the same every time.... Yawn...
Don't Miss: - gettting back on the ship to go somewhere else!