Island Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Gulf of Alaska

Outstanding Cruise

Sail Date: May 11, 2016

We actually did the cruise from Vancouver to Whittier and then did the land tour hosted by Princess up from Valdez to Copper River to Denali and back on the train to Anchorage. All was great, but we enjoyed the land tour as the best part of the trip.

Cabin was fine, very clean and excellent service. We did this same tour in 2007 and stayed in the exact same cabin. In 2007 there was an open back deck on the Island Princess that we truly enjoyed just steps from our cabin. Unknown to us , the Island Princess was renovated a couple of years ago and the back deck behind our stateroom was converted to more staterooms. I was surprised to see this as we boarded the ship this time. Had I known of the conversion, we would have purchased a stay in a balcony room. I just did not do my home work as well as i should have. We did find other places to hang out on the ship, but I missed the back deck.

The early dining, at 5:15 is fine for most of the trip, but we had to skip this eating time one night as we were just then arriving at College Fjord, and did not want to miss the glaciers,
Also we did a jeep tour at Skagway up into the Yukon Territory that was just outstanding.