Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Okay for a first cruise

Sail Date: March 20, 2016

My family picked this cruise to celebrate my husband's fortieth birthday which was March 23rd. For a first cruise I could say it was okay.  Must say that most staff works very hard to make your stay enjoyable. They are some  of the hardest working people you can come across and causes you to appreciate your job  and land life more.  The food was okay although we would have preferred more Caribbean flavor selections over Asian and Mediterranean crusine. Did not appreciate how we being trailed by two security officers all around the gift shop on the last sea day. "Would we steal a hundred dollar watch after spending over four thousand  on a family vacation?" Come on people. Stereotypes I guest. My husband is Haitian however he has not visited his country  since he left the US military which was over fifteen years. Both he and my girls have visited my country numerous times.  We were really looking forward to Labadee as our last port. I remembered getting so excited to see part of a island that morning then to hear an announcement stating that we were bypassing the Haiti.   I also felt so sorry for one of our fellow passengers that had planned a special Easter treat for her kids on the island.  Poor lady was scampering looking for treats on the ship for  her children that were crying hysterically in their stateroom due to the Easter Bunny visiting their friends room and not their's. We know everything happens for a reason but this family trip was planned around Haiti's island. Royal Caribbean should make an extra effort to maintain it's vessels.  Maybe we will  try another cruise line for our next trip.

Super Friendly staff. Thanks Tanisha and Candice. You guys are great