Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Good time, but some issues

Sail Date: December 09, 2014

The first problem was the ship was delayed 3 hours due to weather.  We arrived at the terminal at 11: AM and was told we had to wait in the parking lot or drop off point until 1: PM because no one would be allowed in there terminal,  Did I mention it was 30 degrees.  Although, Royal knew the ship was delayed, they didn't send an email alert until 12:30 PM when we were finally allowed in the terminal. Overall, food was good, (not necessary to pay extra for the special dining unless you want to). Entertainment was very good, something for all audiences.  The dining staff no longer sings and dances, big disappointment. The ports were excellent.  Six days at sea can get a little old.  The TV channels only had 2 English speaking channels except for the Royal advertising channels and CNN.  No major networks except when they want to show a football game.  The movie under stars needs to be available for viewing in the stateroom especially in the winter time. You'd think they would have figured that out by now. Our lead waiter made me feel very uncomfortable when I ordered more the one entrée during dinner. All previous cruises they were pushing food at you left and right.  By the time we got back, their were no bananas and potato chips just to name a few.  As a Platinum guest, I should have robes in the stateroom.  After 2 days onboard we were told they didn't have enough at check-in.  We only got them after asking our cabin steward for them.  No more mints on your pillow at night.  This was my 18th cruise so I know what to expect.  With this cruise I reached Emerald status, however, you're allowed to enjoy the benefits until your next cruise.  I didn't see that must difference between Platinum and Emerald.  Not sure when I will cruise with Royal again.  Average age for this cruise was 55+ (my estimate).   This is a smaller ship (2400 + guests) because the ship must navigate the Key and Bay Bridges.  This means that events in the main atrium are very crowded with limited seating, but everyone still manages to have fun.

Smaller ship due to the need to navigate the Chesepeake Bay. See previous comments.
Overall I enjoyed the food. other at my table were not as happy with their meals. the varity was not limited, but the daily standard menu met my needs.
Overall, the majority of the staff were great and wanted to ensure you were having a good time. Here there you would run into staff that were not as caring.
The entertainment was great. Something for everyone. Great music,singers and dancers. Loved Tony Tilman, all around entertainer. Comedians very funning.
Smaller than I'm use to for an interior cabin. No sofa, just a chair. Beds were comfortable, but a little low to the floor.
Baltimore, Maryland
Home port, close to Inter Harbor, Wash, DC, shopping, airport, etc.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Great day at the beach, with barbaue lunch, Local vendors selling their wares. Water park for the little ones.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Touring, Shopping, beaches. and eating something for everyone.
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Beautiful island, shopping, touring, beaches and eating Easy access to St Johns.
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
I love this island, very beautiful beaches, great shopping, dining and access to the Dutche and French side of the island.

If you want a prime location for activities in the atrium get their early for a seat. All ports are very good, a day at the beach in Larbadee, San Juan, St Thomas and St Maarteen, touring, shopping and beaches. Fun, Fun, Fun! I been to each port several times, so I didn't do an excursion.