Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

10 night Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: December 09, 2014

The beds were very uncomfortable and it didn't occur to my husband or me to question this.  It wasn't until Day 9 that, by accident, we were in the right place at the right time.  A guest services person, Alma, asked us about the cruise.  I told her the beds were terrible.  That night we had pads on the beds that enabled us to get some decent sleep.  Unfortunately, we were with run down and caught colds.  The food was fine,  The staff was very attentive.  I did get  a little tired of the comedians complaining that the audience wasn't laughing enough.  Not all the jokes were rolling on the floor funny.  I think the comedian the last night got the most laughs and never complained about our reactions.  Personally, 10 days was too long for me.  I found the short times in each port too short to really do anything.  The Bermuda cruise, for me, was better.  It was shorter and we had time to explore one place.  The driving tour of San Juan was terrible.  Part of it was the parade that closed streets but perhaps the ship should have known about it.  We stopped only at San Cristobel.  I would have liked to stop at other sites.  We didn't even drive past the cathedral, perhaps it was a Los Posados parade and the cathedral was part of it?  It was never explained.

Children's Programs Don't know
Great except for meds. Ask right away if the bed is uncomfortable!

I didn't eat at the Windjammer except when necessary. We ate there the day on Labadee. We were told to set our watches ahead but when "ship" time said 12:30 but told lunch wasn't ready until 12:30 and it was only 11:30!. We had an early dinner time so we went back to the ship to eat.