Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Eastern

Old Folks Home

Sail Date: December 09, 2014

My wife and I are 55 years old so we are not spring chickens ourselves. We felt like we were in an old folks home with most everyone 70+ and a heck of a lot of old disabled people who couldn't get around and expected to get everything first.  I am a right leg below-knee amputee and I didn't try to use this disability to get my way.

I liked our stateroom(large interior) and our stateroom attendant was exceptional.  All crew that we interacted with were friendly and helpful.

Dining: Ate at all 3 specialty restaurants and they were all exceptional. Main dining room the food was good but uninspiring.  The Windjammer buffet was also good but uninspiring. Park Café in the Solarium was a good place to get a light meal or late night snack.

Labadee, Haiti: Great! Take the snorkel trip with Captain Michael(pronounced Michelle).  VERY FUNNY! If going to Columbus Cove for the beach, ride the tram or you will encounter very aggressive sellers in the Artisan Village.

San Juan, PR: don't bother getting off the boat

St Thomas: Fun island

St Maarten: Take "Da Party Bus" for great island overview tour plus you get drunk as hell.  There were 10 of us and 1 did not survive.

My wife & I had a good time but we are cruising with Carnival 12/26/15 - 1/3/2016.

Old, small, you can really feel the waves
Specialty restaurants were exceptional.
Geared to 70+ crowd
San Juan, PR I recommend staying on ship.
Baltimore, Maryland
Way too long for baggage, parking & checkin.
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Too much traffic. can't get around
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas