unsatisfactory, mostly due to Booking Agent

Grand Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Alaska Inside Passage With Tracy Arm Fjord (Seattle Roundtrip)
Sail Date: August 10, 2014
Ship: Grand Princess
Cabin Number: C503

Begin this by saying we 3 ladies are age 64 with total right hemiparesis, 87 and 89  year olds with partical hemiparesis, I use scooter and they use a walker for ambulation. our cruise was completely messed up.   Only thing right was wheelchair assist to and from car.

My mom and myself was together in a handicapped room with balcony

We started our reservation with 4 people, one had to cancel due to death of a child. At that time one of the agent associates moved the odd person in with us in our room, this seemed to cause the shuffle problem, putting us on lower flower at other end of ship "WITH A BUNK BED"  that drops from ceiling.

What is 3 handicapped women going to do with that?

As soon as we entered the room I called the booking agent and the pursers desk. The agent called and talked to my sister in law who was also on the cruise and spoke with her saying she would find out something and call next day. We never heard a word from her until I called her again AFTER getting back to Seattle.

I booked a handicapped room and got a cabin with a balcony and " A BUNK BED" Walkers would not go into the room much less fit between the wall and bed. They were stored on the balcony during the cruise. This also limited on and off at the ports.

The first night I slept on the balcony, next day the pursers desk sent a man to measure room for a cot, he said we could move out bed table and slide a cot in.HA." no way " This would have given us wall to wall bed with no way to get in.

My brother and his wife were on a second honeymoon, they allowed a cot to be put in their room so I stayed with them the duration of the trip. (James and Karen Ardis) This made it tolerable but ruined his honeymoon.

This was our trip of a life time that we saved for several years. Absolutely worst cruise ever. My 5th but their 1st. All first timer Alaska Cruise for sure.

Princess Cruise just happened to fall in the middle of a big mess.

Our Agent offered a $200.00 return to us but we refused it. The whole thing could have been avoided

if we had gotten what we asked for. A handicapped with balcony. The only thing that we will settle for is another  complementary cruise.

All this was told to the agent, as well as I will be putting it on Social Media the first part of September if agreement can't be reached. Again, I think the Princess was caught in the middle, the said their hands were tied due to being 200  persons OVERBOOKED. Now what kind of Crap is that ???

I can't speak for by brother and his wife but they also deserve something....... Thanks, I will be waiting to hear from your company.     Martha Goldman 601 794-5429 or cell

601 441 2432

I

N/A

perfect, stewards Jimmy and Francisco was great

Lido deck has best food with shorter time required.
Was not impressed with the specialty dining areas.

didn't get off ship due to unable to manage walkers in and out of room
this was crazy, should not be billed as " with Tracy Arms Fjord"
not nearly enough time
not off ship due to walkers
absolutely not enough time for 2800 people to depart and board, no time for excursions