Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Beautiful scenery; Wonderful way to take a family vacation.!

Sail Date: August 12, 2016

Reviewed: 1 month ago

PRO - Jerime our cabin person was great!  Checked with us daily to see if there was anything he could help us with.  Every employee we talked to on board was gracious and helpful.  Our host waiter and his supervisor in the dinning room also were very helpful in assisting with meals for my grandson who has severe seafood allergies, making sure that his meal was brought separately assuring no contamination by seafood in the kitchen or transport.

CON - There was a problem with the menus getting mixed up.  Seven people at our table.  At several meals we received different menus.  At lunch one day we ordered the crab and clam chowder and were served pumpkin soup.  Nothing was said, the pumpkin soup was put in front of us and the server started to walk away.  Four of us said we had ordered the chowder not the pumpkin; the server said there is no chowder, just pumpkin and walked away. He did not say anything when we ordered the soup and afterward he disappeared.   After that we started rechecking and comparing our menus and that is when we realized similar items on our menu while at least 3 or 4 of the entrees, soups and appetizers were different.    Also, while I used the spa for at least 5 services I found the massages and facials to be overpriced as a premium treatment while they were mediocre.   The accupuncture was exceptional.   I had extra services since they did offer the 10% to 30% off.

Overall, I still rated this cruise a 5 star due to due to having thoroughly enjoyed this vacation with my family, seeing Alaska for the first time, and the helpful friendly staff you employ.  I enjoyed speaking to the staff and hearing about the Countries they call home.     Carol Waitman.

The Veranda was wonderful. We loved sitting out there and looking at all the beautiful scenery. The handicapped bathroom was such a help. I need the railings on the wall and along the shower so it was very easy to use.
My grandsons never were able to ice skate or use the wave thing because the of bad weather. One of the reasons we picked RC is because of the activities for the children so we were disappointed.

We missed several things we had wanted to attend. There was so much to do on board. I will tell our friends to fly in the day before and get a good night's sleep at a nearby hotel. Our first day was a blur since we had been traveling from Florida since 0600 . Would start out rested.

1 Comment