Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean - Bahamas

The Hurricane Trip

Sail Date: October 03, 2016

Reviewed: 10 days ago

Traveled As: Family w/young children

This cruise was scheduled to go to the Bahamas and two other ports. With Hurricane Mathew we diverted to Cozumel Mexico to avoid the weather. Most would say that going to Cozumel is a better deal for the cruise, but I have been to Cozumel a few times. This was the first time cruising with Royal Caribbean and was looking forward to the up talk of the cruise line. We have always cruised with Carnival Cruise line and I will say we will stay with Carnival. The crew was okay, but not helpful. The dinning crew (Mr. Mario and Mr. Bing) were excellent and very attentive. Thank you for that experience. The room was okay, but a little small compared to the Suite that Carnival provides. All said I would go for a discounted price without my children, but never again with my children. Ages 9, 19, & 13.

It did accommodate our needs, but was smaller than Carnivals. We only had two towel animals made and the kids were disappointed. During my booking I was asked if I was celebrating anything and I stated "YES" our anniversary. I was advised when we had our day at sea we would get our room decorated and something special. NOTHING is what we got and we had two nights at sea.
No the Captain's fault, but waiting to port for four hours was a bit much. Especially when you have a 15 hour drive ahead to return home.
We got diverted to Cozumel Mexico to avoid the weather. I can understand that. What I don't understand is once we ported Cozumel we were advised that we would leave at 1:30PM. We returned to the boat at 12:00PM and were advised that the boat would now leave at 6PM and forgo Key West Port. If the Captain would put out that the boat would leave at 6pm, we could have done the excursion that we wanted. With the limited time that was given first we did not want to chance being late on the return, but actually HAD PLENTY ON TIME!!!!!! Not happy at all about this.
The pool was always over packed. No one in the adult only pool. Maybe they should open it to all if it is not being utilized......
Mr. Super Mario and Mr. Bing was the BEST we had in years. Thank you for your service to us.
Miami, Florida
Didn't go...
Cococay (Cruiseline's Private Island)
Didn't go.
Key West, Florida
At the last second was canceled and messed up our excursion time at Cozumel.

If the Solarium is not being utilized and the outer pool is completely packed, you should allow swim time in the Solarium for children.