Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review to Caribbean

Purser

Our First Cruise

Sail Date: April 01, 2013

This being our first cruise, we enjoyed the many various activities that were offered while on board. The movies offered were very good, the various entertainment shows were great. All in all there was plenty to do while on board. The beach at Labadee was a bit rough, due to the many pieces of coral in the water and on the beach. The taxi drivers at some of the ports were a bit "pushy" in offering rides around their island. The Captain and his crew did a great job with the schedule and timely arrival at the various ports. One very disappointing part of the cruise happened while attending the Park West Art Auction while on board. I had successfuly won a bid on a sports memorabilia article (a Pete Rose signed baseball) and when I went to claim the baseball, I was told that the baseball had another signature other than Pete Rose. At that time I asked the Auctioneer Julian Demici, If he could provide me with another baseball signed by Pete Rose. He stated if he did it would cost me 315.00. Keep in mind my winning bid was 105.00 !!! When i declined his offer, he told me he could no longer help me and handed me a phone number for customer service at Park West. I feel that this a scam on the part of Park West simllar to a "bait and switch" tactic. In calling customer service they gave me a runaround, apologized and said there was nothing they could do. On my return home, I have been made aware of the fact that a few years ago Park West had been involved in many lawsuits concerning bogus art paintings and overpricing. I also understand that Royal Caribbean chose not to renew their contract with Park West at that time. Perhaps Royal Caribbean should take another look at Park West ! Please feel free to contact me should there be any questions concerning the above. Thank You.
We had second seat dining in My Fair Lady, some meals were good some bad.
Onboard Activities N/A
Baltimore, Maryland
Labadee (Cruiseline Private Island)
Large amounts of coral in the water and on the beach.
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
St. John's, Antigua
Tortola, British Virgin Islands
Beware fo the "pushy" taxi drivers. Once they take your money, you may have to wait a half hour or longer o leave due to the fact that they want to fill their tour van to capacity.

Recommend the buffet for their variety of food.

1 Comment