Crown Princess Cruise Review to Alaska - Inside Passage

Crown Princess Review

Sail Date: July 02, 2016

The excursions offered were great and Alaska was beautiful, but it would have been also great to be aware before signing up for excursions that the 4th of July excursions would be somewhat reduced due to the port's holiday activities.

The staff that changes the linens and cleans the cabins start to set up in the hallways before breakfast is even available for the passengers. They need to wait until passengers have a chance to get out on deck as the halls are narrow and hard to pass through with linen carts, cleaning carts and vacuum cleaners.

The buffet dining areas are too narrow and small for the number passengers on board as there is never a place to sit. The buffet food sits out for almost an hour before the buffet opens. The breads are hard as rock, too many starchy foods and not enough true vegetables. The staff on one side of the ship for the buffet never ask the passengers if they need anything while the other side of the ship for the buffet are very helpful.

The medical staff act like it is an inconvenience to remedy sea sickness. They only want to tell you over and over that there will be a charge for their services which most people who are sea sick would gladly pay.

The lounges were beautiful and the auditorium shows were great.

My porter Franciso was never around when I needed him and did not always answer my page.

You were encouraged to download the  princess app to check your bill, my phone service indicated that I would incur international rates by the MB so I was not interested in incurring usage fees for this. Other cruise ships have a TV channel where you can login and check you billing tab via the TV. The final daily itinerary indicated that I would receive my final bill at my cabin before debarking but it never came.

I probably  will never use the Princess Cruise line again.

Clean, adequate but overpriced.

Use a different Cruise Line.