Costa Fascinosa Cruise Review to Europe - Eastern Mediterranean

Third Mate

Costa Fascinosa needs LOTS of improvements

Sail Date: September 01, 2014

I've been on more than 20 cruises and I would rate this as one of all-time worst cruises. The food was absolutely terrible. Luckily we have a sense of humor and our table-mates also had a good sense of humor. We sent our food back almost every night. It became a joke - which food will we send back tonight.

Getting off the ship where we tendered was so disorganized. We only had a few hours in the most beautiful ports in the world and we spent most of the time waiting for our tender number to be called. Costa really needs to improve on getting passengers off the ship in a timely fashion so that people can enjoy and explore the beautiful cities. What a shame that we spent most of our time waiting.

I don't know why we stopped at Bari, Italy. I think spending more time in Mykonos or Santorini would have been much more interesting.

We took a shore excursion in Santorini and I plan to ask for a refund. We tendered in and then took a bus ride to the beach. We spent 2 hours at the beach, with a drink ticket for juice or coffee. No soda, wine, or beer or even food for the price of the excursion. The bus took us back to the town (according to the excursion for shopping) where we waited in line for two hours for the cable car ride to catch the tender back to the ship. Total waste of time. We were the last ones back on the ship. I'm not sure that they would have left without us had we not made the cable car ride in time.

We had a good time with our friends and made the cruise the best experience possible. But it was not because of the ship or Costa's organization - it was friends and family.

I hope Costa listens to feedback from their customers. They have so much to improve on.