Not the usual Celebrity Experience

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Cruises: 7+ cruises

Overall rating:

Celebrity Summit

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)

Sail date: December 28, 2019

Ship: Celebrity Summit

Cabin type: Balcony

Cabin number: 6087

Traveled as: Family (older children)

Review summary

Not the best cruise I have been on. The ship was grossly understaffed. You could tell many of the servers were tired and pulling double duty. I wish I would have checked where my cabin was located prior to sailing. I attempted to upgrade while on the cruise, but NO luck. I have a mediteranean cruise this summer and may consider alternativesl

Embarkation

Quick but staff appeared tired

Ship experiences

Food was excellent!

Pool and Fitness Center - Good Massage

Why do you NOT play Carribean or Island vacation music at the pool? And, NOT enough music!!!! The last three cruises have lacked in vacation music!!!! Also, the sets are much too short at debarking the ports.

Very friendly - BUT definetely SHORT STAFFED this cruise. Bars many times had only one or two servers with 20 people waiting. Also, NOT enough pool side servers!!!!!

For an older ship it was ok.

VERY DISSAPOINTED!!!! WE HAD AN OBSTRUCTED BALCONY VIEW!!!!! Life boat right outside our balcony. I should have been alerted prior to sailing if you were downgrading my cabin!!! Cabin was clean and maid did a good job. But not what I expected of Celebrity and all the cruises I have been on with my status - should not been ubstructed!!!!

Ship tip

View your room prior to sailing. Don't trust your booking agent that just because you have sailed many times that your cabin will be in a preferred area.

Ports of call