no excitiment

Celebrity Summit Cruise Review to Caribbean - Southern

Contributor Level: Third Mate

7 Night Southern Caribbean (San Juan Roundtrip)
Sail Date: April 12, 2014
Ship: Celebrity Summit

Celebrity Summit is showing her age...not only physically, but in terms of excitment and activites on board. The cruise director planned little for those on board during the day and the evening events were scheduled poorly, during dinner hours for both seatings.  Music was not varied and I was most upset over the lack of use for Michael's....usually a great venue for music and cocktails.  The one good group played at the pool at night, just when you don't want to be outside!

The food is good and the cabins were sufficient.  Both specialty restaurants were impressive.  However the wait staff in the MDR and the cabin stewards were not.  I had to request clean towels and bars of soap( I was actually told to purhase soap from the gift shop).  I was impossible to get ice in our cabin. We had a concierge level cabin and never received most of the amenities we paid extra for, even after complaining to guest services.

Overall, I would not travel on Celebrity again.  I have used other cruise lines and was more impressed with the level of service and entertainment elsewhere.  This was my third try and they did not win me over. Many other guests agreed that this was the most boring cruise they had ever been on.

The spa had just opened under a new company and they did not have their act together.  All exercise classes were cancelled ( pilates,zumba etc) as there was no staff to run them. I couls not obtain any descriptions of the spa services and was afraid to spend big dollars not knowing what to expect. No specials were run on port days.

I  love cruising for the zumba, pilates, entertainment and activities and the spa !  Give me trivia...give me bingo...give me pool zumba and I am happy.  Goodbye Celebrity !

good

non exsistant

did not go "overboard" to make us happy

old and rusty

use another cruise line

we were docked far from from old san juan
no shopping